Exeter – Racing 92 is a completely new Champions Cup final (Saturday, 4:45 p.m., France 2 and BeIN Sports) in Bristol. If the French club has already failed twice in the final against Saracens in 2016 and Leinster in 2018, it was expected at this level of the competition. His English opponent is more surprising. Here is in figures the presentation of the Franco-English shock which will offer the winner his first continental coronation.
0. Exeter has still not known defeat this year in the European Cup (7 wins, one draw). If the Chiefs win, it would be the 5th time in a row that the winner has finished the competition undefeated.
1. This is the first time that the two teams have met on the European stage, and moreover in the final.
7. Englishman Sam Simmonds is the best test scorer this season (7) ahead of racingman Teddy Thomas (6). Scottish Racing 92 player Finn Russell has delivered the most assists this campaign (7).
Sam Simmonds’ essays
8. The match looks like a Crunch. This will be the 8th time that a Champions Cup final pits a French club against an English counterpart. In these confrontations, the Premiership members lead 5 titles to 2.
12. Whoever wins, it will be the 12th club crowned in the Champions Cup. If it is Racing, it will be the 4th French after Toulouse, Brive and Toulon. If it is Exeter, the English will register a 6th club on the charts after Bath, Northampton, Leicester, Wasps and Saracens.
15. The number of penalties passed by the Ile-de-France scrum-half Teddy Iribaren. He sits at the top of the standings but at the foot the English kicker Joe Simmonds scored more points (84) than him (57). The Chiefs scorer especially has the best success rate on foot (94% – 34/36). A sure bet.
Joe Simmonds – Finn Russell, one match within the match
16. The tricolor international of Fijian origin Virimi Vakatawa is the best franchiser in Europe and has beaten the most defenders (48). With three quarters Teddy Thomas and Juan Imhoff, both authors of 15 crossings each, Racing 92 has real breakers of walls.
Article original de: www.leparisien.fr