Google organized a conference on September 30, after which the firm unveiled two smartphones. The Pixel 4a 5G and the Pixel 5. We will take a look at the Pixel 5 which is the most interesting Android flagship of the year.
Google Pixel 5: one and only smartphone this year
Usually Google unveils two high-end smartphones per year. One of medium size being part of the Pixel X line, and the other on the XXL screen which is part of the Pixel XL line.
This year there will unfortunately only be the Pixel 5. And no Pixel 5 XL. Google having decided to stop the bleeding by optimizing its production and maximizing earnings.
Google Pixel 5: heavy technical specifications
- Dimensions: 144.7 x 70.4 x 8 mm
- Weight: 151 g
- Processor : Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G engraved in 7 nm – Octa-core (1 × 2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1 × 2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6 × 1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: integrated graphics chip Adreno 620
- RAM and storage: 8 GB of RAM + 128 GB of non-expandable storage
- Screen: 6-inch OLED panel in 19.5: 9 format and defined in 2340 x 1080 pixels protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6 and equipped with a 60 Hz refresh rate and HDR10 + compatibility / Always-on display technology
- Drums : 4,080 mAh + fast charging function up to 18W + fast wireless charging function of 15W + reverse charging function of 4.5W
- Main photo sensor: dual photo sensor from 12 (f / 1.7, 27mm wide-angle) + 16 (f / 2.2, 107 ° – ultra-wide) million pixels + HDR and omnidirectional LED flash + Panorama
- Secondary photo sensor (selfies): unique 8 million pixel photo sensor
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (nanoSIM + eSIM), 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac / ax, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C, NFC, GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, USB Type-C port 3.1
- Security : fingerprint sensor on the back of the device + 3D facial recognition via Face Unlock
- System: Android 11 Stock without any software overlay
- Colors: Just Black (jet black), Sorta Sage (pearl green)
- Price: 629 euros