It is a shock wave that has just spread Mercedes, which after having delighted the superb to its compatriot BMW on the podium of the biggest sellers of premium models, has just made the S-Class (2020) official. The latter is really a superlative car that offers no chance for the competition.
Especially at such a premium price, 100,000 euros in entry ticket just with the standard components. A plug-in hybrid version is coming to the fore this year!
Mercedes S-Class (2020): premium and nothing but premium
We will not return to the interior of the S-Class (2020), which in addition to the well-thought-out and well-thought-out fittings, has absolutely nothing to envy the competition.
We will focus on the technological aspect of this car, where there is almost no button. Only screens, distributed as follows:
- A 12.3-inch screen acting as the on-board command: includes the combination of digital elements + the on-board instrument control options
- A 12.8-inch OLED screen: central screen, it is used to display content consumed on board (music, films, etc.)
- Two auxiliary screens for rear passengers
- A 7-inch screen on the central armrest: displays the options of the MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) multimedia system.
- An augmented reality head-up display system
And the highlight of the show, a 4D audio system that transmits bass vibrations right into the seats.
Mercedes S-Class (2020): a plug-in hybrid version for the must
This year Mercedes seems to want to push the electrification of its catalog further. In particular by adding a plug-in hybrid model. Which completes a catalog for the moment moribund side EVs.
Thus, we are entitled to three engines in total. The first gasoline, made up of two variants: the S 450 with 367 hp and the S 500 which increases tenfold 435 hp. On the diesel side, there are also two variants: S 350 D with 286 hp and S 400 D with 330 hp. Both operate under close control of a 9G-Tronic automatic gearbox.
The third and last plug-in hybrid engine offers 100 km of pure electric autonomy.
Mercedes S-Class (2020): watch your pocket
In the end, it will cost 100,000 euros to acquire the basic version of this sedan which gives cold sweats to its competitors.