Without an audience and in the middle of autumn, it’s a funny match for the six nations tournament held at the Stade de France.
France met Ireland for this last match of the tournament which looked like a final.
In the afternoon, England had largely beaten Italy taking a serious option on victory in the competition.
But France and Ireland could still hope on condition of winning with a very favorable goal-average.
It was not the case. France beat Ireland 35-27 and finished second in the tournament after several years of poor results.
A second place that bodes well for a promising future. Back in 10 photos on some key moments of the meeting
1. Final advice from coach Fabien Galthié to his opener Romain Ntamack before the start of the match
2. Antoine Dupont starts the game with a bang with a first try scored very quickly after kick-off
3. Gaël Fickou overflows Robbie Henshaw to offer a pass to Antoine Dupont who will then go to the first try of the match
4. François Cros gets a penalty try in the first half.
5. COVID-19 requires, the match took place without an audience at the Stade de France.
6. The French defense commits many faults and the victory does not seem certain for Charles Ollivon the captain of the XV of France
8. In the second half, the French test of Virimi Vakatawa allows France to take off against the Irish
9. The French forwards continue to tackle hard to defend their goal.
10. With one try and several successful kicks, Romain Ntamack was one of the main linchpins for the victory of the France team, which finished second in the six nations tournament.
Article original de: www.leparisien.fr