The XV of France faces this Saturday evening Ireland (9:05 p.m., France 2) at the Stade de France with the ambition to complete a 2020 Six Nations Tournament shifted exceptionally to the fall because of the epidemic crisis, on a good note . And if things are smiling, the French have the opportunity to win the competition if they win against Ireland and achieve a better score than England facing Italy a little earlier in the post- midday. Presentation.
1. Ireland and France both conceded a defeat in the 2020 Tournament. The XV of Clubs lost in Twickenham to England (24-12). As for France, after three successes in a row against England (24-17), Italy (35-22) and Wales (27-23), it had fallen in Scotland (17-28) just before confinement.
3. The number of Six Nations Tournaments won by Ireland during the previous decade (2014, 2015 and 2018), including the last with a Grand Slam. We have to go back to 2010 to find the last title of the Blues in the Tournament.
4. In the last five confrontations, France remains on four defeats in a row against Ireland for only one success. The last victory dates back to February 2016 at the Stade de France (10-9).
39. The biggest French victory (+ 39 points) dates back to 2002 at the Stade de France. The Blues had won 44-5 in Saint-Denis. The greatest Irish success is older. It was in 1913 in Cork (24-0).
61. The number of times the Conor Murray-Johnny Sexton hinge has been aligned in international matches since 2011. A figure to which must be added two games played with the British Lions. For comparison, the French pair Dupont-Ntamack has little experience: only 11 associations in a match for the moment.
99. France and Ireland have faced each other 99 times since 1909. The French have won 57 times, the Irish 35 times. The two teams drew 7 times.
Article original de: www.leparisien.fr